Sunday, November 29, 2009

She Stole My Voice

It is so hard to watch She Stole My Voice, a documentary on lesbian rape by Justine Chang and Armand Kaye. It is truly devastating to finish the film. It's purely disturbing. And definitely the topic raised up million of question within my head.
Do you think it's possible for a woman to rape a woman?

Is it more hurtful for a man to rape a woman than a woman raping a woman?
What if the victim is a lesbian?
Would she be traumatized if the rapist is a male or a female?

Would you think yourself, or your female partner, be more impacted by the event if the rapist is a woman instead of a man?

Would you deal with the situation differently someone told you they have been raped by a woman instead of a man?
Would you take them seriously?

I don't think I've any answer to the questions above. I'm still overwhelmed by the film.

Trailers and producer interview can be seen here:
http://www.rmdglobal.net/she-stole-my-voice/

To view She Stole My Voice online:
http://www.megavideo.com/?v=TAT2SFMR

No comments:

Post a Comment