Friday, April 3, 2009

Facebook is funny

Hmm. I thought facebook is hip enough to be understanding and respecting regarding gender identity issues within its applications. I mean, do I have to choose? Of course if you make me, I can pick "her" just to make you happy - but I REFUSED and clicked cancel because this is my little protest against you. There are others in the world who do get offended or uncomfortable with this little pop-up window. What happen to the facebook users who want to be called by something else other than the two available choices of his/her? Maybe they prefer to go without a pronoun but to be called by their names instead?! How about you let people insert their own stuff? Or maybe disable the entire "making-you-choose-one" pop-ups at all.

(The screen shot was actually taken early January this year - you can tell I was still using my old laptop with Windows XP and it was the vintage facebook layout.)

No comments:

Post a Comment