Sunday, February 14, 2010

From Labels to Possibly Happier Life

I do not want to put a label on you, because it's not nice nor politically correct nor I actually want to categorize you. However I encountered many others who are not happy with their biological sex and their gender and their identity, yet they do not recognize they might be trans rather than gay or lesbian.

From living in Shanghai and browsing through the local forums, I know some people are oppressed from being able to live how they want, and liberating themselves from the wrong body. But of course, people, even participants themselves, are not realizing that they can be happier. At the moment they would simply follow what society wants them to be, living unhappy lives and suppressing their desires.

I have not been to your country, and I can confidentially guesstimate that Korea is not very forward in its LGBT development. I mean, the LGBT history was like blank as a piece of white paper. There are Harisu who seems to succeeded, a gay and a MTF celeb who chose to end their lives (which is really sad), a lesbian tried for the parliament, gay movies here and there, plus a queer cult fest. The rest of people's lives remains untold and unseen, depict the fact that passionated and interesting stories might had happened beneath our eyes.

Now I am wondering if all of this got stirred up because I live in Canada, where LGBT moments are more developed, and I was in a different mind set involving the definitions of being gay and being trans? I really hate to put labels on others, and I believe as long as an individual is happy, one's identity does not matter. Yet... I sincerely want you to be able to live the life you want, rather than placing yourself inside the box, or closet rather.

No comments:

Post a Comment