Monday, March 1, 2010

Voices for Beijing by Jonathan Borofsky

I was very fortunate to be able to encounter Jonathan Borofsky's mini show at the Pyo Beijing Gallery inside the 798 art district, roughly 2 year ago in the same summer as the Beijing Olympics 2008. Now whenever I feel very paranoid or pissed, I always turn to Voices for Beijing (2008) to calm myself down. It really helps me to clear my mind.

Jonathan Borofsky is an installation artist from the States, and had projects over North America, Europe, and East Asia. His official website can be seen here: http://www.borofsky.com/

The film piece is 8 minutes and 8 seconds long. Sound was done with artist's own voice, digitally altered with a computer system.





And did I mention I adore his installation work revolving on the theme of people, on top of this film? He's ranked second after Andy Warhol on my favourite artist list. Claes Oldenburg can only come in third after Jonathan Borofsky.

No comments:

Post a Comment