Friday, May 7, 2010

Domestic Transformer: 24 Rooms in a Tiny Apartment

As an architecture student who appreciates efficient use and homey-ness of tiny spaces, I want to have a home like Gary Chang's...


During early years in architecture school, my professor from the design studio course always thought I'm not a good designer because I don't give enough space to users and tenants in my visionary projects.

But to grew up in a tightly packed environment described by the architect Gary Chang in the video, it's no wonder that I tend to compartmentalize everything in a small volume without considering personal space and comfort - one learn from what one had lived through after all.

Now the questions...
Are all individuals advantage enough to have personal space? I think this is less in discussion when most people in the particular community are packed like sadines anyway.
Also what are the standards for comfort? Things that are comfortable to one might not be well enough, or actually too good, for another. Different cultures and various living experiences can change the level of comfort one can accept and tolerate.

No comments:

Post a Comment