Saturday, May 15, 2010

Story | No. 902

This is cold. Am I too early? Darn I should of came out later.

The new bus was pretty. The outside was painted in three shades of light blue and white, gradient from the back a deep sky blue colour to pure white in the front. As I boarded the bus, I noticed the entry level was lower than those ones who were in service since ages ago. I guess it gave more accessibilty to wheel-chair or trolley users, and others who could not climb.

You could smell the freshness of the bus. The new plastic odour that would make people complain about. But I loved it - finally the revamp of the transit company arrived to my bus route.

Ding.

I have been a bus rider since high school. The transit system had drastically changed since my first trip. Rapid transit was introduced on major corridors, with honesty-based validating ticket machines to mark fare prior to boarding. More routes were available; connection time and frequency of services were improved. However I don't really live here anymore...

Thank you. I hope the purple hasn't come yet.


2010/04/28

No comments:

Post a Comment