Saturday, May 1, 2010

Story | Headbands and Jackets

Tonight I saw a pair of couple at Forever XXI. No, it's not my favourite store, but they do occasionally have some goodies I enjoyed. Like the thin brown belt with gold-coloured studs that I bought just now. I mean, thin strips on waists are not really my style, but that pair of pants that had small belt loops needs a new buddy.

I was trying on big satin bows, ribbon knotted, Lady Gaga inspired headbands in front of the mirrors on the art-deco-ish columns. Playing around with stuff that are usually not part of my daily life was delightful. Also my good friend who tried to have devil horns with a wired ribbon bow headband and snapping pictures of each other - it was fun to act like little girls who got super fascinated by their mother or elder sister's closet, no? Also that white silky ribbon bow matched with my fauxhawk hair and brown jacket surprisingly.

* * *

The taller girl was a femme, even though I only saw her back. She had shoulder length brown-dyed course Asian hair, wearing a not too thick headband that was peaking out of her lushy fold of bangs. A medium-sized Louis Vuitton backpack was on her back, lying on top of a red cardigan. The rest, I don't know; they would remained in mystery. The shorter girl was about five inches shorter than the femme. She was kinda boyish. Not exactly, but by instinct I knew she was the more dominate one. A roughly fitted jacket, with tight light turquoise blue suede kinny pants that showed every muscle and lump and scar on her plumpy legs were what my eyes noticed. I grasped the short black but permed curly hair too. The two were browsing then playing around with the wife-beater tank tops in pastel and neon colours on the display tables.

* * *

That couple had reminded me of, umm, something. They resembled the shape and dynamic that I had always wondered about...


2010/04/16

No comments:

Post a Comment