Saturday, March 14, 2009

Story | That Summer

It had been 2 years since we held hands traveling inside the creepy forest at that very late night. Do you recall the time we trespass through the wild grass, fighting our way out into the city lights? The memory was so sweet and romantic. We had candles in our hand to lite our path and on the way we chatted about our future and everything happening in our life. Friends following behind us giggled as we locked our fingers out with each other's hand not noticing the presence of everyone else. Your palm was so soft and warm. Your cheekbones were flushing with a pink glow. The redness decided to sip through your pale translucent skin shyly and say hi to me. They were adorable.

Oh, remember the Kongming lantern that we sent out together on the river's edge? We wrote our wishes on the paper with water-based markers and set it free. The flames burned on and brought the lantern up into heavens in front of our eyes. May desires come true. Then we went on cuddling on your new couch while watching Eternal Summer with your laptop on the coffee table. I wonder if your cushions are squishy and plushy still?

Even now I remembered the first time I saw you. Your charcoal brown hair and greenish hazel eyes which you inherited from your Eastern European grandparents made you stood out from the crowd. Your tiny and curvy waist forced my eyes to pay attention to it. Did you know it was so hard for me to not think of you? The goddess that arrived from the Black Sea, whispering foreign words to me. I know it wasn't French, but something else. Not that it mattered anyway. Your voice invaded my little world.

* * *

At that time I did feel bad for the trail of footprints that we made to our nature. Also for our irresponsible disposal of the big paper lantern wherever it landed. But never mind for now. They probably dissolved away already, just like our ribbon bow untied over time.

Not long ago you accused me of believing that you are a boy. No, you weren't and aren't. I never thought of you as one. Not even close. If you are I don't think I would ever response nor react this way. Like thinking that person must be your new girlfriend when I saw you walking closely together with your new neighbour. (I'm sorry.)

You are always so beautiful, even when you are exhausted. I miss you. I still love you.
As a good friend of yours.


03/10/09

No comments:

Post a Comment