Sunday, March 22, 2009

Yellow, Black, and Purple

Over the past week I've made a few fashion splurges (not exactly a huge amount, but considering I haven't spend any money on clothing since I arrived Shanghai, this past week was pretty crazy), but I don't regret at all. They made my day and night and week and month. Also please ignore the wrinkly black/grey gridish background behind the items - it's just my quilt cover in case you are wondering.


First is a H&M yellow/beige/black spring scarf. It's 130RMB (CDN$24, which I think it's a bit pricey), but I've been thinking about it for a few days and then decided I should get it. The design is like yellow, beige and black threads woven together making squarish shapes (this is a bad description). And of course, my darling scarfy did not disappoint me. I know this sounds like bullshit, but I do feel much happier while wearing it and it gave me strength to get through my boring work days. Yellow is a great colour to get yourself cheer up and it does spread hidden power within your entire body. Should of discover the greatness of yellow earlier... maybe I would be a more cheery person. Nevertheless, I love my scarfy and she loves me too!


Second is a black chest-binding vest by Esha (check out their Taiwan/International website in Chinese by clicking here), 148RMB (CDN$27, which I think it's not expensive because the bras that I usually get in Hong Kong are like CDN$45 each) I know most of you are wondering why the hack would I buy a chest-binding top. Well if others feel like wearing push-up bras to feel better about themselves, why can't I wear push-down ones? In fact this top works like a regular tank top too - I don't even need another layer on top of the undergarment. It's like 2-in-1! Also, flattening my bust area I do feel more safe and I don't have to worry people staring at (and possible sexualizing) my chest and me as an object. The vest is also very comfortable and easy to wear with the velcro strip. (I haven't tried ACE bandages but I can say for sure this is million times better.) I feel like my back is being straighten (I have very bad postures) and I actually feel less hurting and tiring on my shoulders and back while wearing this versus my regular bras. However, the material consists of 92% polyester and 8% spandex, I'm not sure if it will make me stink in the summer. And I do have lots of lovely clothes that won't look great with a flatter chest... so I think I'll only wear this vest occasionally depending on my mood.


Third and the last item is a grey/navy blue/purple summer skirt from FCUK. I wasn't planning on getting it initally, but since they had my size (it's rare during sales time) and it's only 180RMB (CDN$33) deducted from the original price of 599RMB (CDN$109)... It doesn't hurt that much if I buy it, right? (Oh what an excuse.) Actually this is available in another colour with golden yellow/brown/light beige, but I fell for the purple and its combination with the grey and navy blue in this one. Very pretty pattern with organic plants and stripes in hexagons, kinda like seeing through a kaleidoscope. The skirt fitted me quite nicely as well (since it was on sale so I couldn't try it in the store). I can't wait until it's warmer so I can wear it out.

So my week was all about buying stuff (and contributing to the consumer culture... sigh). How was yours? Any splurges recently, so I can feel less guilty?

3 comments:

  1. I really like the skirt!!!! ar it's cutee..it doesn't sound right that im using 'cute' to describe what you will be wearing 55555 but the skirt is cute and amy can be cute too XD
    and yes, i think your scarf is worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. should i go get the brown/yellow/beige one for you then??? lol
    yes cute is a bad descriptive word to be used on amy. but i'll take your compliments anyway, hahaha

    ReplyDelete